Saturday, March 7, 2015

Design for Media I: Figure and Ground Transition

Bristol, Micron pen, Sharpie

It didn't turn out quite like I had hoped but I had fun doing it.  I decided halfway through the helix that I actually did want it to be bi symmetrical but by then the ink was laid down and it was too late sans a white out operation procedure.  The lower portion was going to be similar to the Toonami logo but I realized early on I just didn't have time for that type of complexity.

What I like about design projects like this is that they take me away from my neurotic inhibitions that are present when I do illustration.  Since I am still such a neophyte when it comes to raw design I have no choice to admit to myself, "Hey you're a beginner.  Just jump in and make art.  It has to be nothing else except the raw principles of expression."

Almost like what I think of art and my craft are just weights holding me down for when I tread into the realms of design... I don't absolutely hate what I produce and am not afraid to make mistakes.  Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment